Most Popular First Dance Songs for your Wedding
The First Dance is a personal moment between a newly married couple so it’s important to choose something that’s perfect for you and your other half; a song that will put everything you’re feeling for each other into words.
We’ve put together our top 30 most popular first dance songs that newlyweds are choosing in 2018.
Expect to see Ed Sheeran, Ellie Goulding and Frank Sinatra in this list; these artists really know how to write a love song!
And there are some real tear-jerkers in this list, so without further delay…
1. At Last – Etta James
For the soulful couples who love a bit of Etta, this romantic song will really take the newlyweds into their own special moment
2. I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing – Aerosmith
4. Iris – Goo Goo Dolls
5. The Way You Look Tonight – Tony Bennett
6. Marry you – Bruno Mars
For of an upbeat love song, Bruno Mars will get you moving on the dancefloor!
7. How Long will I Love You – Ellie Goulding
8. All of Me – John Legend
10. Kiss from a Rose – Seal
A little more upbeat than some of the entries on this list, you can’t help but sing along to Andy Williams rendition of this.
12. Fly Me to the Moon – Frank Sinatra
13. Ed Sheeran – Perfect
14. The Only Exception – Paramore
15. Can’t Help Falling In Love – Elvis Presley
Really deep and soulful, Elvis is a great choice to hold your loved one and sway to
16. My First My Last My Everything – Barry White
17. Let’s Stay Together – Al Green
18. A Moment Like This – Leona Lewis
19. Make you Feel My Love – Adele
20. Everything – Michael Buble
21. I Won’t Give Up – Jason Mraz
22. What A Wonderful World – Louis Armstrong
Also really popular this year, Ellie’s whispery voice adds the perfect atmosphere to the first dance.
24. Stand by Me – Ben E. King
25. Wonderful Tonight – Eric Clapton
26. Come Away With Me – Norah Jones
27. Your Song – Ellie Goulding
28. Stand by Me – Ben E. King
29. Wonderful Tonight – Eric Clapton
This song is perfect for those couples who don’t like too much attention on them for their first dance because your guests will be itching to join you on the dance floor for this one. Let them join in if you’re a little nervous and enjoy having your first dance with the entire wedding party!
Ideas & Inspiration
- Most Popular First Dance Songs for your Wedding
- Halloween Wedding Ideas
- What’s on your Wedding Menu
- Where to start when planning your wedding
- A guide to bridesmaids
- Your perfect Wedding Venue
- Wedding Hair: Up or Down?
- Looking For Something Blue?
- Spotlight on Ronald Joyce Bridal Gowns
- Spotlight on Mori Lee Bridal Gowns
- November 2018
- October 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- June 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- September 2015